07 maggio 2012

Albania mountain tourism Valbone

The Valbonë or Valbona is a river in northern Albania. It is still relatively untouched. Its source is in the Prokletije, near the border with Montenegro. The Valbonë flows generally east through the municipality Margegaj (mountain villages Valbonë, Dragobi and Shoshan), then turns south along Bajram Curri, and continues southwest until its outflow into the river Drin, near Fierzë. It is one of the cleanest rivers in the country.

I don't know what it is about water color in Albania, but the Valbona River is a remarkable shade of blue. It's deep, fast moving, and very narrow in parts. I'm no expert but it looks like the perfect, untamed river for kayaking. I'm not sure if it has been run before, but I highly recommend checking it out if you're a kayaker looking to blaze new waterways. Call me though, because I want to come with you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Search

Translate